Request for Blepharospasm/Meige Research Proposals
Last update: September 2014
- Funds up to $150,000 are available for support of research directly related to blepharospasm or Meige's Syndrome, both forms of cranial dystonia
- M.D. or Ph.D. required for principal investigator
- Non-U.S. citizens, working at institutions abroad are also eligible to apply for a research grant
- Research proposals must relate specifically to benign essential blepharospasm and Meige to include new treatments, pathophysiology and genetics, photophobia and dry eye.
- If a grant is awarded, we expect a semiannual progress report
- Deadline to apply is August 31 each year.
- Grant guidelines and a listing of previous grants may be downloaded below or obtained from:
Benign Essential Blepharospasm
Research Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 12468
Beaumont, TX 77726-2468
Tel: (409) 832-0788
Fax: (409) 832-0890
The following documents are in MS Word format. To download and save, right click on the link and select "Save (Link) Target As.."
Research Funding Terms and Conditions
Grant Guidelines and application form
as MS Word document (updated September 2014)
List of grants to January 2013
(45 KB PDF)
> Blepharospasm Research
> Top of this page